Friday, February 18, 2011

Ready or Not!

Here I Come!!!!

I have been wanting to attend Creative University for several years now and finally have the chance to get away for a fun filled craft weekend. I have been busy getting ready for this weekend. Here are a few things I have prepared.

Each year there is a charm swap. This year's themes were "Under the Sea" and "Vintage." Being that I have never made a charm before now, I chose just one swap. Can you guess the theme? The starfish is no bigger than a quarter, that I hand crafted with aqua and purple polymer clay. The filler charm is just a combination of fun beads I found at Michael's. Not too bad for my first attempt.
Tresa Black, the Close to My Heart Consultant I use (check out her blog http://www.fabulouslyartsy.com/), organized this entire weekend for 50+ crafters from all around the country. I was lucky to grab a spot...the event sold out in several days. She asked that each attendee make a "twinchie" (a 2x2 small piece of artwork) for her to keep as a momento. She wants to display them all toghether as one big piece of artwork. The theme for this project, as well the the entire weekend is "let your creativity take flight." We were to use the colors black, gray and anything in the red spectrum. My "twinchie" is pretty simple, but I really like it.
There is also a card swap. I was going to make 2 sets of 10 cards, but only got around to completing 10 cards. I was happy to be able to try out my new cricut cartridge "What a Hoot".
Lastly, here are my completed roommate gifts I talked about in an earlier post. I found these perfect picture holders at Michael's a few weeks ago and thought they would be perfect to hold a few special treats for my roommates.
I am excited for a fun weekend! I will share more about this great weekend when I get home.

No comments: