Who wouldn't want to receive a nice little treat like this for Halloween? This year my daughter and I made a handful of these special treats to give to neighbor children and friends that come trick or treating to our house. I think they are a "HOOT" and can't wait to give them away.
When I first saw these adorable little critters in BHG Scrapbooks Etc. Magazine, I knew I needed to make them. And what better tool to use to make these little guys, than CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.
Here is a quick picture tutorial on what you need to create this owl.
1. Cut the following shapes using your CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.
* 1 pillow box size 5 1/2 inches (Color Cardstock or B&T)
* 2 circles size 1 1/2 inches (Color Cardstock or B&T)
* 2 circles size 1 inch (Colonial White or White Daisy Cardstock
* 2 1/2 inches by 3 inches rectangle (B&T of your choice) with paper cutter
* Cut a small diamond shape for the beak. (this is done free hand)
brads or opaque pearl gems (both licorice gems or mocha gems ) for the owls eyes. Of course you could also use a tiny piece of paper.
CTMH's Mischief paper pack makes for a very cute owl. Don't you think?
WHHOOOOOO wants to stop by?
Happy Halloween! Make sure to stop by the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog to see more Halloween/Autumn creations.
P.S. These would also make great favors for a woodland themed party.