Today was a great day to play with felt. In preparation for my daughter's Tangled birthday party we made some cute hair clips and a headband. Additionally we made some fun Flynn Rider belts for the boys who will be attending the party.
With the wind blowing through her hair, my daughter felt just like Rapunzel. Disney Family website and decided I wanted to create similar clips for my daughter's Tangled party. Here are the steps I took to make these adorable rosebud hair clips.
- Hair clips or Head band (I purchase mine at Micheal's)
- Felt strips cut 1 x 5 inches (3 per clip)
- Felt leaves cut per template found at Disney Family (2 per clip)
- 3 strips of Ribbon cut approximately 18-24 inches.
- Hot Glue Gun
4. Glue leaves on top of ribbon.
5. Glue three rose buds together to form a cluster, then glue cluster on top of leaves.
-Dark Brown Felt from a ream
-Tan Squares of felt (cut 3 x 4 inch rectangles with a 2 x 3 inch rectangle cut out of the middle)
-Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut 2 1/2 inch strips of brown felt for belt. Cut in half or to desired length.
2. Cut a point on the right end of the strip.
2. Cut out belt buckles from tan felt.
4. Glue the belt buckle approximately 4-6 inches from the pointed end of the belt (i.e. right side).