Monday, February 14, 2011

Construction Party

We had a great construction birthday party this weekend for my son. I was really happy with how everything turned out. We decorated with red, orange and yellow streamers as well as lots of "caution" tape around the house. Played lots of construction themed games (construction dig in bin of beans for prizes, build and destroy-blocks with wrecking ball, dump truck candy pick-up, and red light green light truck races) and just had fun.

My favorite part of the party was the cake table. It looked so awesome and was really easy to do. First I took a black table cloth and added yellow duct tape to make stripes down the center of the table so it looked like a road. It was such a simple and easy touch that made the table look special. Additionally I made a "dirt" dump truck cake. With chocolate cake chunks, layered with chocolate mousse and chocolate cookie crumbs in the back of a dump truck, it was the perfect addition to the party.
I wish I could say that I thought of this idea myself, but like most of my ideas, I copy and embellish to make them mine. I found this idea on the Family Fun website. They have lots of great ideas for children's birthday parties, crafts and more. 

~Amy

No comments: