Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Great Idea for Morning Play Date

Just had a great morning get-together with a few other MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) Moms'. My parents gave me this awesome waffle maker for Christmas 2009, yes it has been over a year ago, and I have had yet to use it.
It just seemed too messy and too much work to try to figure out. Have you ever not done something just because it seemed too difficult? It turns out it was really easy to use and super easy to clean up.

Thanks to some good advice from my sister-in-law, Dawn, I was was able to change one of the recipes from the instruction book, and made some very delicious buttermilk waffles. Too bad I didn't take any pictures of the actual waffles. Both Moms and the children ate them before I even thought about it.

It was a fun gathering with everyone bringing their favorite waffle topping. We had an abundance of strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream. YUM!!!!!

Buttermilk Waffle Recipe (I actually tripled this and it made about 10 full belgium waffles.)

2 cups Flour
2 T. Sugar
1 T. Baking Soda
1/2 t. Salt
12/3 cup Buttermilk
1/3 cup Melter Butter or Margarine
2 Eggs

*Mix dry ingredients and then add liquid while stirring. It is okay if the batter is a little lumpy. Bake in Waffle Baker for approximately 3 minutes 45 seconds.
**Adapted from the Kichen Aid Proline Waffle Baker Instructions Book, Chocolate Chip Waffle Recipe (Just add 1cup of chocolate chips, change buttermilk to regular milk and add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon if you want chocolate chip waffles. )

~Amy

No comments: