Saturday, May 11, 2013

"Grandma hugs better than a dinosaur!"-Mother's Day Mini

 Mother's Day is tomorrow and like most years, I try to encourage the kids to make a special project for their Grandmas.  Usually we do some pinterest inspired hand print art or crafty thing.  This year is not too different, still inspired by a post on pinterest, I decided to make cute mini albums.

The first step was to cut and score a 12 x 12 sheet of card stock.  When folded together, the album will have the dimension of 4"x 5" with a 2" flap.        
 Thanks to CTMH's bright Dream Pop paper and floral B&T I able to make a fun little album.  Get this exclusive paper pack during the month of May for only $10, with your purchase of $35 or more.  Shop my website here.  
Glitter paper tabs and baker's twine was a simple touch to close the back of the album. 
I added some fun embellishments and of course cute pictures of the kids.  I love how the right flaps glued together make a fun pouch/envelope for an additional photo or journaling.  
On the two flaps that fold out, I added a fun questionnaire that each of the kids answered about their Grandma.  I mean, who doesn't love that Grandma "hugs better than a dinosaur" or that she likes it when "Grandpa gives her money."  Some the answers my kids came up with are priceless.  Hopefully Grandma will think so too.    
 Completed project with some kid created embellishments.  Make sure to also have your child add their signature to their questionnaire.  
I hope all you Moms out there have a very Happy Mother's Day!  My goal for this weekend is to take some time for myself and get some crafting finished.  I hope you are able to take some time to do something you love this weekend.   

~Amy

No comments: