Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Scrappin' it Old School

Remember this old CTMH paper pack, "Birthday Bash"?   Last week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge entailed creating a card, layout etc. centered around a child's birthday.  I immediately thought of this paper pack I purchased ages ago and never used.  The colors went right along with my son's Construction Birthday Party, so I was inspired to finally create a birthday layout for him. 
I wanted to add a dump truck on the first page, but didn't have any stickease, cricut cartridges or anything simple to use that had a dump truck.  I was tempted to just put a picture of his birthday cake in the corner  (see picture here), but was up for a challenge, so decided to try to make one myself.  I was very pleased with how it turned out.  I found a simple line drawing of dump truck at http://www.crayola.com/ and simply paper pieced it together.  I also used some simple stickease stickers to add some more dimension on the wheels and cut small strips to add to the truck.  Not too shabby!
  I also used colorful paper clips to add some ribbon embellishments.
Flags cut out of stickease labels.  Did you know cornstarch works perfectly to remove the "sticky" off the back of stickease stickers? 
Glad to have used one more paper pack in my stash!  I am on the road to recovery.  No longer am I a "hoarder", but a "user" of my supplies!  Thanks Heart 2 Heart for giving me the inspiration....even though I am a week late.  ;o)

~Amy

1 comment:

Haley D. said...

That is one super cute boy celebrating in super cute fashion! I love the dump truck and how you made this old paper look fresh and new. Thanks for joining in on the birthday celebration at H2H!